Straight Blast Gym International Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Bronze - General Information > SBGi Competition Updates
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

2014 Pan Ams

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Travis Davison Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 2014 Pan Ams
    Posted: 20 Mar 2014 at 11:44am
I just returned home from the Pan Ams and was again reminded of the importance of competing. I was very pleased with my first match and found myself very present and relaxed, winning while barely breaking a sweat. My second match was also very relaxed but the outcome was different with me losing thanks to a change in strategy that saw me trying to win rather than beat my opponent. The take home lesson is to compete the way you roll and roll to submit not to win. The winning takes care of itself if you do what you are built to do. I will test this hypothesis in Las Vegas July 5th and 6th. Done licking wounds, Lets do this!
Dude, I can't believe nobody picked the duck yet!
Maria Schiano View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maria Schiano Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2014 at 2:34pm
Well confused
mario schiano
Chris Stearns View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chris Stearns Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2014 at 6:52pm
It was so cool watching you compete Travis. I was teaching ITP at the Portland gym that morning and we took a break each time you came up to watch you on the big screen. Along with your awesome game coming through it was great telling the students about one of the old school original Portland coaches.
Travis Davison View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Travis Davison Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2014 at 8:04am
Thanks Chris! Maria what are you confused about?
Dude, I can't believe nobody picked the duck yet!
Maria Schiano View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maria Schiano Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2014 at 2:26pm
Did i say i was confused dont,remember much else about that night.
mario schiano
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic